Today I share with you a card that took a little while to create and understand how it actually worked when putting it together. When you see it, you will be amazed, but I have to admit there was some frustration at the beginning!
I’m using the Let the Good Times Roll bundle in the Occasions catalogue.
I started with an A5 piece of Lemon Lime Twist card stock = 8¼” x 5⅞” folded in half.
The Whisper White insert measures 8″ x 5½”.
Firstly, I will share with you the inside of the card before the front, and you will see why in a second. This is the most amazing 3D pop up card you will have seen in a while!
What kid would not get a thrill out of opening this card?!!!! Isn’t it just so cool?!!
This is a 14 piece photopolymer set, so it makes it super easy to line up the stamped images as well as using the coordinating dies to cut them out. I have lots of colours as I think it is such a fun card that screams colour!
Here is the front of the card:
Now a few tips I have found when using this bundle:
- use whisper white, not the thick whisper white card, it’s easier to fold the tracks
- do not score your white card all the way through. Only score each side about 1/2″, line up the die and then cut, then use a ruler to score across to the edge of the die cut
- Score along each edge of the tracks and the bottom edge before trying to fold them
- Add an extra layer over the framework of the roller coaster for strength
- it will fold flat, you just need patience in the manipulating of the tracks
- I made a quick 30 second video to show how it folds flat, view here. (I’m not into making videos, so no instructions with it, lol).
- You can also view the YouTube video by Brandi at the Stampin’ Up! home office here to see more about how to create the pop up section!
When you spend $90+ during Sale-a-bration, you get to choose 1 free item from the Sale-a-bration brochure below. Go on, have a look, you know you want to!!!
A full list of products can be found at the end of this post!
Sale-a-bration period to earn FREE product is 3rd January – 31st March 2018
Occasions catalogue begins on 3rd January and runs through until 31st May 2018
Click on the pictures above to download your PDF copy!
Don’t forget to Follow My Blog to receive blog updates and join my Newsletter Subscription for all the latest news and specials!